- This event has passed.
Cocktails at the best gin bar in Paris: Tiger
September 22, 2016 @ 19:00 - 22:00
We wanna know…. what you did this summer! So join us at the city’s best gin bar, Tiger, to dish about your hols over excellent cocktails!
The Tiger team is giving our members a special price on your first London Dry style G&T. Then, thirsty guests can move onto their impressive selection of gin-toniques. (and if you’re not a gin drinker, fret not! They’ve got other cocktails on offer, too!)
So, let’s all be on-trend and get ourselves to the hottest gin bar in town!
Space is limited to about 40 so please don’t RSVP yes unless you are sure to show!
That’s all the deets on the meetup, but if you feel like reading further, here’s some additional news/thoughts/ideas for your virtual consumption:
You guys are fabulous. But, one little request…pretty please… keep your RSVP’s up to date! There are a few reasons to keep your confirms current:
1. It’s frustrating as an organiser when 60 people say they’re coming and only 30 show up;
2. Bars organise for the full amount of confirmations (i.e. bring in extra staff, prep more cocktails, reserve more space) and when we don’t bring them as many as we promised, well that kinda sucks for them;
3. Some people get intimidated by meetups with 50+ people and just don’t come because there are TOO many people signed up. But, if we have 50 confirmations and only 25 show up, well, those people would have come, but don’t because no show RSVPers making them think it’s TOO big for them;
4. Members often ask me to try and get better ‘discounts’ on drinks or other bonuses…but the discounts only come when we are a solid, powerful group of drinkers. When they think a lot of us are going somewhere and it turns out to be, well, ten people, no one wants to give a discount. So, that means we all (as the entire meetup) need to take some responsibility for making cool things happen for the meetup and show up when we say we will. And that makes it more interesting for me, you, the bar, and our whole community!
Next! ….52M meetup is about a community of cool people + cocktail drinkers. I’d love to see members get more involved in making meetups even more awesome! So, for this meetup, i’m wondering if anyone wants to volunteer for the following roles:
1. Tattoo artist: who wants to hang in a spot and help people ‘ink’ themselves up with a 52M temporary tat?
2. Photographer: I love taking pics for each meetup, but instead of hiding behind the camera, I also like to spend more time welcoming newbies and making sure guests circulate, socialise and have fun. So, it would be great if anyone photography buffs i the group want to step in as official picture snapper…then load the pics up here and pass them over to me for the 52M Facebook page.
3. Greeters?! Who wants to be my backup greeter to make sure new people coming in get welcomed and introduced around? Sometimes it’s a little intimidating walking into a crowd, so it’s really nice to make sure everyone gets a little hello and helping hand working into the group if they need it.
III. Best Meetup
So, I always feel al little cheesy about this kinda thing, but we were nominated for the best meetup in Paris. Normally, I prefer to spend time on creating great content/fun rather than promote myself. However some nice reader/member/fan took the time to actually fill in a form and nominate us. So, I’d like to say: Big thanks to those of you who like us enough to take the time to get us on the roster. With that, if you want to show some love for this meetup group, go vote here. (it only takes 1 second and there is no sign ups or other BS involved)
And…that’s the end of my rambling…hope to see you all at Tiger in September if not before, after or in between. Biz!